How to Embed Videos using Vimeo and Wistia
Embedding Videos with Autoplay Enabled and Volume On
Autoplaying embedded videos can be a powerful tool for engaging your website visitors and capturing their attention. While autoplaying videos have been a popular feature on platforms like YouTube, enabling autoplay with sound on other video hosting platforms like Vimeo and Wistia can be a bit more challenging.
Word of warning; autoplaying videos (especially with the sound on) can be a double-edged sword. On one hand, they can instantly grab the attention of your website visitors and deliver your message effectively. On the other hand, autoplaying videos can be intrusive and annoying if not implemented properly. Ultimately, the decision comes down to you.
Embedding with Vimeo
- Login to your Vimeo account and navigate to the video you want to autoplay.
- Click on the “Settings” button below the video player.
- In the “Player” tab, scroll down to the “Autoplay” section.
- Check the box next to “Autoplay videos” to enable autoplay.
- By default, Vimeo mutes the autoplayed videos to prevent any sudden sound. To override this, you can add the following code snippet to the end of the video URL: ?autoplay=1&muted=0
- Copy the modified URL and use it to embed the video on your website. The video will now autoplay with the volume turned on.
Embedding with Wistia
- Log in to your Wistia account and locate the video you want to autoplay.
- Click on the video to open its settings.
- In the “Embed & Share” tab, locate the “Embed Options” section.
- Check the box next to “Autoplay” to enable autoplay.
- By default, Wistia mutes autoplayed videos to provide a non-disruptive experience. To unmute the video, you can add the following code snippet to the end of the embed code: ?autoPlay=true&playbackRate=1&volume=1&endVideoBehavior=reset
- Copy the modified embed code and insert it into your website’s HTML. The video will now autoplay with the volume turned on.
Remember, autoplaying videos should be used sparingly and only when they provide value to your website visitors. Try to respect user preference, possibly by offering them broader control over the viewing experience. With that in mind, consider the following advisable practices:
- Provide clear visual cues – Indicate that the video is set to autoplay by using a play button overlay or a progress bar. This allows users to understand that the video will begin playing automatically.
- Include a prominent volume control – Even if the video is set to autoplay with sound, make sure users can easily find and adjust the volume. This gives them the freedom to mute or adjust the sound as per their preference.
- Optimize video content – Keep autoplay videos short, concise, and impactful. Users are more likely to engage with videos that provide valuable information within the first few seconds. Avoid using autoplay for lengthy videos that may overwhelm users.
At AdClass, we love providing learning opportunities to help further opportunities for those seeking to grow their business or launch an offer whether you’re starting at square one or already rolling with an established brand. A great way you can get involved is by joining our free Facebook group, being involved in a community hungry to learn and grow together, and participating in weekly live training sessions.
Struggling to create videos to embed, or not sure how to use them to their fullest potential? Let’s talk!
Click here to schedule a personal one-on-one strategy session today and see how AdClass can take your marketing to the next level.